Johnson Our New Content Writer
We are announcing our new content writer Mr. Johnson Solomon Wanjira He is now our official content writer and part of Salvage Mind community.
Mr. Johnson Solomon Wanjira Profile:
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY
B.S. IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Pittsburgh, PA | May 2014
Java • Python • C • SML • HTML5 • CSS • Django • Android • LATEX• Git Data structures • Software design patterns
Parallel and Sequential Data
Structures and Algorithms
Introduction to Computer Systems
Software System Construction
Great Theoretical Ideas in Computer
Web Application Development
Principles of Imperative
Principles of Functional
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY, HUMAN-COMPUTER INTERACTION INSTITUTE | RESEARCH ASSISTANT
February 2016 – Present | Pittsburgh, PA
- Make Android and web apps for NavCog, a tool that uses sensors, computer vision, and crowdsourcing to help blind people move in spaces. Target crowdsourcing effort to create 3-D models of buildings and maintain sensors.
June 2015 – August 2015 | Pittsburgh, PA
- Led 3 person team developing mobile and wear apps for Chorus, a web-based crowdsourcing conversational assistant. Has text to speech and speech to text capabilities. Uses Yelp Search and Yahoo APIs.
- Made a natural language processor tool to be added to Chorus web application.
BUSINESS GOLF ACADEMY | SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
May 2015 – Present | Pittsburgh, PA
- Manage the social media presence for BGA, which encourages young men to use golf to advance their careers.
UMBRELLA | LEAD ANDROID DEVELOPER, GIT REPO MANAGER
- App uses crowdsourcing to fight gender-based violence and the bystander effect. Bluetooth-based messaging where users anonymously post situation.
BUDGIE | LEAD ANDROID DEVELOPER, GIT REPO MANAGER
- App to manage and categorize expenses. Implements Microsoft’s Oxford Opitcal Character Recognition API. Pie charts show spending distribution.
MEN’S VARSITY GOLF TEAM | CAPTAIN (2014-PRESENT)
August 2014 – Present | Pittsburgh, PA
- Won Thomas B. Craig & LaVerne Craig Tartan Award 2015-2016 (Most Valuable Player), University Athletic Association All Association First Team, Eastern College Athletic Conference Rookie of the Month Division III, University Athletic Association Men’s Golf Athlete of the Week (3 times)
- Student Athlete Advisory Council | September 2014 – May 2015
THE FIRST TEE OF PITTSBURGH | VOLUNTEER GOLF
September 2014 – Present | Pittsburgh, PA
- Teach golf and life skills to 20 underprivileged children ages 8-16 years
To obtain a professional position in the consulting industry utilizing my relevant experience, technical expertise, and problem solving skills.
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, May 2014 GPA: 3.0
Selected Coursework: Data Structures (Java), Web Applications, Database Applications, Distributed Systems, Computer Systems (C and Unix), Great Theoretical Ideas in Computer Science
Technologies/Environment: Windows, Win32 API/GUI, Linux, MySQL, OpenGL, ASP.NET
Artemia Health Systems, Cleveland, Ohio
Student Intern (Summer 2015)
- Created new functionality for state-level prescription drug information system
- Worked with end users to determine their information needs
- Wrote application to create custom surveys
- Migrated existing website from SQL Membership to to ASP.NET
Carnegie Mellon University Computing Services Help Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Student Consultant (September 2013 – Present)
- Resolved issues regarding networking (wired, wireless, and dialup), and email problems for Carnegie Mellon University users
- Answered questions about software supported by the university, such as MS Office
- Communicated with customers through email, telephone, and face to face
Vintage Foundation (Fall 2014) – a consulting project in a nonprofit organization
- Advised on new technologies to help further the organizational mission
- Instructed program director on building a user-friendly website and relational database
- Assessed systemic problems and suggested possible solutions
News Delivery System (Spring 2014) – online information gathering/presentation system
- Integrated old code with new for web application delivering custom tailored web news
- Coded in Java using Model-View-Controller architecture
Ebarter (Fall 2013) – an online bartering system running on Apache Tomcat
- Applied software engineering principles along with J2SE Web Development Kit
- Led team in coding phase of development